Dundee City Council refuses to listen to West End concerns over parking


At Monday evening's City Development Committee there was an item on car parking in the West End.  I called for action to improve car parking for local residents.  I am disappointed that the City Council has done nothing since local people rejected the proposed residents' parking scheme.  When the scheme was rejected by local residents I made clear my view that this was not the end of the matter.

Local people rejected the scheme because it did not meet their needs, this did not mean that there were no problems with car parking in the West End.  I am hugely disappointed that the council has not come forward with new proposals more tailored to the needs of local people.

From what people say to me they are keen on localised parking schemes in their street for example.  Dundee City Council must listen to the views of local people and deliver a car parking scheme which meets their needs. 
 
I was hugely disappointed that the City Council refused to listen to the views of people in the West End and rejected my calls that people in the West End should be listened to.  What are the SNP Administration frightened of, why won't they listen?

Please watch the video to find out more about my views on car parking in the West End. 

If Dundee City Council will not listen to the views of the people of the West End I will, I would encourage any local residents with views about car parking to get in touch with me.