Muslim Cemetery

At Monday evening's Environment Committee I was pleased to see a report come forward which highlighted progress towards the creation of a Muslim cemetery in the city.  Dundee is a city built on immigration, it is a city of people from many faiths and indeed of people of no faith.  It is this diversity which makes Dundee a great city.


I congratulated the Convener of the committee on his support for the policy and also on the work which officers of the council had done on this important policy.  I also paid tribute to the members of the Muslim community in Dundee who have worked hard to bring this projection towards fruition.  I also paid tribute to my colleague Councillor Mohammed Asif who has done so much to bring this project forward.  I hope that the trust which will be running this facility is a success.