Delighted at under-21 International at Tannadice Park

http://www.scottishfa.co.uk/scottish_fa_news.cfm?page=2986&newsCategoryID=6&newsID=12997
I am delighted at the news that the Scotland under-21 team will play a friendly international against Hungary at Tannadice Park in March.  I've been campaigning for a number of years to get the SFA to bring international matches to Dundee. 

 

I am delighted that the SFA are bringing an under-21 international match to Dundee.  I think that Dundee is an excellent venue for such matches and I have been surprised that there haven't been under-21 matches in Dundee for some time.  I welcome the decision and I am looking forward to getting along to Tannadice on the night to cheer on Scotland.  I hope that there will be a big crowd there which would tell the SFA that the public in Dundee and the surrounding area would support Scotland playing here in Dundee.

 

I am pleased that SFA have listened to me and the many people who supported the idea of bringing a Scotland international match to Dundee.  I hope that this is a warm-up for a full international match being played in Dundee.  Hampden Park is out of commission for the next year due to the Commonwealth Games and I think that Scotland should seriously consider playing a full international match in Dundee.  There hasn't been a full international match in Dundee since 1936.  That is so long ago that Edward VIII was still the king and Dundee had a Tory MP.  In sporting terms the last time Dundee hosted a full international match Fred Perry was the Wimbledon champion, I am glad to say that the very long wait for another British male Wimbledon singles champion is over and I think that it is time to end the long wait for another full international football match to be played in Dundee.
 
Hosting an under-21 is good for the city of Dundee, it will attract attention to our city and hopefully bring some visitors from Hungary as well as from other parts of Scotland.  A full international would bring even more attention to the city and that is why I support Dundee hosting a full international.

 
If you agree with me that Dundee should host a full international match then please get in touch with me to highlight your support.