Welcome for Hybrid Buses

Along with my Labour colleagues, Councillor Georgia Cruikshank and Councillor Brian Gordon I attended the launch of new Hybrid Buses by National Express Dundee.

I was really pleased to join colleagues at the launch of these new hybrid buses. These buses will be on the number 5 service which serves the West End. I want to promote bus services in Dundee and I think that this is a major step forward. We should be promoting environmentally friendly buses. I look forward to more and more investment in the bus service in Dundee.

I welcome anything which improves air quality in the city. I was really pleased to hear that these buses were built in Scotland. I look forward to these buses being in service in Dundee and hope that they are the first of many.

I am clear that we need to support better bus services in the city and this means promoting new services and environmentally friendly buses.