Pleased Bus Station Facilities Preserved

I welcome the news that Stagecoach will continue to operate toilet facilities at Dundee Bus Station.  I had raised my concern about the future of toilet facilities at the Bus Station after Dundee City Council's Administration decided not to continue operating the toilet facilities at Dundee Bus Station.  I have received reassurances from Stagecoach that they will run the facilities at Dundee Bus Station.

I welcome the move by Stagecoach to continue to provide toilet facilities at Dundee Bus Station. I am pleased that this is the case as it would have provided a terrible welcome to our city if the bus station was without toilet facilities. I think that the council needs to remember that it has a duty to promote the city at all times and things such as the facilities at the Bus Station or the rail station are important in this.


It is important that visitors to Dundee receive a warm welcome and I am glad that, thanks to Stagecoach, that will still be the case. This case demonstrates some of the problems that the council will face over the next few years. Decisions have to be made on the basis of a lack of money due to decisions taken at Holyrood and Westminster and the state of the economy and sometimes things that look like they will save money don't actually work or have unintended consequences. In this case there was an assumption that Stagecoach would pick up the bill, and they have, but in such cases there needs to be more discussions with all the parties involved. I think that this gives a very clear indication of the need for more open discussions about possible options.