George Regan RIP

I was really saddened to hear of the death of my former colleague Bailie George Regan.  George served his city and his party well for over twenty years as a councillor.  It is a great shame that George did not get to enjoy a  long and well-deserved retirement.

George served his constituents well over the whole period of his time in office.  George served the city most notably as Finance Convener and Housing Convener.  George was also a committed supporter of Devolution and served on the national committee of the Campaign for a Scottish Parliament.  George's other passion was nuclear disarmament, he was very involved in Nuclear Free Local Authorities and the Mayor's for Peace movement.

Behind George's many political achievements it is important to remember that his family have lost a husband, father and grandfather. 

George was a great help to me after my election to the council back in 2007.  I would like to thank George for his many kindnesses towards to me.

My thoughts and prayers and with George Regan and his family at this difficult time, RIP.