Earth Hour

As Labour's Environment spokesperson in Dundee I am very happy to support Earth Hour tonight.  It is important that each and everyone of us does what we can to protect the earth and combat climate change.

Switching my lights off tonight for an hour will not stop climate change by itself but it sends out a signal that I think that something needs to be done.  I would urge people to show their support for this event this evening.  In Scotland we are consuming three times our fair share of the planet's natural resources.  Our reliance on high carbon fossil fuels like coal, oil and gas is over-heating the atmosphere and affecting the climate.

The future of our planet relies on everyone moving away from fossil fuels and onto clean green renewable energy which works with the awesome power of nature not against it.
The picture shows me supporting Earth Hour in 2011