Shelter's Letter to Santa

I support the work of Shelter and at Christmas they are campaigning on the issue of children living in temporary accommodation.  In Scotland 5,300 children will spend Christmas in temporary accommodation.  I believe that Dundee City Council has a reasonably good record on this issue but I have asked for a briefing from the housing department about this.

I have signed Shelter's letter to Santa and I hope that the Scottish Government will take action to ensure that every child in Scotland will have a bed of their own; a safe place to play and do their homework and a warm, dry, safe place to call home.  You can sign up to the campaign here and send Shelter's letter to Santa.  You can also watch the video above which deals with the issue of temporary accommodation throughout the UK.  The picture below shows me signing up to Shelter's campaign last year, some progress has been made but there is scope for more.