Make Your Views Known on Residents' Parking Scheme

On Tuesday evening I attended a meeting of the West End Community Council .  The main item was a discussion on the important issue of the proposed Residents' Car Parking Scheme in the West End.  There was a good attendance at the meeting and the council's Head of Transportation outlined the plans and answered questions.

No local residents spoke in favour of the proposals and there was a vote at the end of the meeting which unanimously voted against the proposals.  I believe that there are some people who have supported the proposals but I have to say that nobody has spoken to me in favour of the proposals.  However, it is really really important that local residents respond to the consultation before it closes on Friday 21st December.

I gave my views on this to STV News on Wednesday you can see this here, with the interview starting at 13.06 minutes, or by clicking below: