Laying of the Crosses Ceremony

On Saturday I was happy to able to take my place at the Laying of the Crosses ceremony at the War Memorial outside the City Churches.  Once again I placed my cross in memory of my great-uncle Private David McCready of the HLI, (the Highland Light Infantry), who was killed in an accident whilst serving during the Second World War.  I also remembered other great uncles who served in the Arctic Convoys and in the Desert at El Alamein.  I thought about all those who have given their lives in war and those who have been injured.  It is important that we look after those left behind and those who were injured and that we remember the service that has been given.  We should support the work of Poppy Scotland.  We should also look for ways to prevent conflict in the future.

Here is a video about the work of Poppy Scotland.