Development Management Committee

On Monday evening I attended the November meeting of the Development Management Committee.  There was a fairly light agenda for this.  We accepted an outline planning application for a manufacturing facility for offshore renewables at Dundee Port.  I welcome this and look forward to a full application possibly coming forward.  I hope that Dundee is able to attract a company to use such a facility sooner rather than later.

There was also a planning application to allow JTC in Harrison Road to operate a wood burning plant which would produce electricity.  I supported this proposal as I think that it is good to have a sustainable use for offcuts from the joinery works here.  I did ask a question about whether we were setting a precedent in favour of all biomass plants by agreeing last night's proposals.  I was reassured to be told that each planning application is treated on its own merits and that no such precedent was set.  On this basis I was very happy to support the proposals put forward at the committee meeting.