New West End Schools Open

The new West End schools finally opened for business yesterday I was pleased to join pupils from St Joseph's and  Victoria Park Primaries and Balgay  Hill Nursery walking to their new schools from their old schools yesterday morning.  It was great to see the excitement of the young people as they went to their new school.  It was good to see the new campus open after a process which has had its ups and downs.  I hope that Victoria Park, St Joseph's and Balgay Hill are successful in their new homes and I wish them all the very best in their new schools.

I was pleased to see that the various traffic measures which were to be implemented had been.  I had sought an assurance about this from council officers in September and I am glad to say that they delivered on their promises.  As I said at that time I will be keeping a very close eye on road safety in the area.  If anyone has any concerns about this I would be very grateful if they could raise them with me and I will seek prompt action from the City Council.