WestFest Big Sunday

I was delighted to attend the Big Sunday events on Magdalen Green as part of WestFest on Sunday.  It was great to see so many people having a good time on the Green.  I took part in the world record attempt for the biggest piggyback race along with my daughter, Marianne.  It was great fun even if we didn't break the world record.

I was also pleased to visit the garden at McIntosh Patrick's old house on Magdalen Green thanks to the current owner, Elaine Kuwahara.  It was really good to see this lovely garden in the middle of the city.  This garden was open as part of the Scotland's Gardens scheme with donations going to charity.

As part of WestFest I was pleased to help my colleague Jenny Marra MSP collect signatures for the campaign to bring the National Football Academy to Dundee at WestFest.  It is clear that people in Dundee think that this is a great idea and I hope that the Scottish Government will soon deliver this for Dundee.


Everyone involved in organising WestFest deserves the thanks of the people of the West End. There's a lot of events taking place over the next week I hope that they are well supported. Once again well done to everyone who organised the event and also to those who supported the event.