Concern at on-going problems at Riverside Pitches




I am very concerned to hear about on-going problems at Riverside pitches. I have raised my concerns with the council's Environment Department. I wanted to know how these problems have happened and I wanted to know what the council is going to do about it. The council should be providing good quality football pitches and I know that across the city they do. The council should be encouraging people to play football - reports that people keep being injured will not do this. it is important that a long-term solution is found to the problems at Riverside.








I was pleased to hear from the Environment Department that they are taking my concerns very seriously indeed. The pitch has been put out commission, I have said that the Department must be certain that they have dealt with the problems effectively. I was slightly reassured that the Department told me that there was sufficient provision of pitches across the city to ensure that no-one was missing out.




The picture shows the pitches last summer when it had a giant whale painted on it as part of WestFest.