Development Management Committee

On Monday evening I attended the February meeting of the Development Management Committee. There were a number of applications which attracted debate this evening. I spoke on plans for the erection of a three-storey office in the Greenmarket. This is a innovative plan to produce offices for start-up businesses in the creative industries. These offices will be made from second-use ships' containers.

I would admit that when I first heard about these proposals I did wonder about them but having looked at the proposal is some detail I am very impressed by it. There will be impact on views from the Perth Road due to the size of the offices. I was also very impressed by the environmental impact of this project in so far as this will be a very environmentally friendly project. This is an innovative project and I remarked upon the innovation which created this land in the nineteenth century by reclaiming it in order to build the railway. I was pleased that this proposal was granted planning permission.