Reassured over School Crossing Patrollers







I welcome the reassurance which I've received from the City Council's Education Department that school crossing patrollers will be in place from day one when the new primary schools and nursery school open on Blackness Road in October.



I am pleased that I have received reassurance from the Education Department that school crossing patrollers will be in place when the new schools open on Blackness Road in October. I was concerned when I recently heard that 18 crossing where currently without school crossing patrollers. I have been told that the current crossing patrollers serving the schools will move when the new campus opens. I am pleased about this. I will be keeping a close eye on this when the schools open. I know that it is an ongoing problem that does not only happen in Dundee but we need to look at ways of ensuring that enough school crossing patrollers are in place.