No room at the inn?

I was delighted to bump into Shelter Scotland's campaign team in Dundee today. They were campaigning on their 'No room at the inn?' campaign. In Scotland 5,800 children will spend Christmas in B&Bs or temporary flats, most of them will still be there at Easter. I will contacting Dundee's housing department to find out what they do for children in temporary accommodation. I am lead to believe that Dundee deals well with this issue but I will be seeking reassurance.

You can find out more about the campaign at Shelter's website, you can also sign the petition here. I was pleased to sign the big Christmas card today in Dundee and you can see from the picture on the right me signing the Christmas card.


It is really important that we do all we can to provide the best start in life to every child, decent housing plays an important part of providing the best start possible.