Scottish Labour Leadership







On Friday evening Dundee West Constituency Labour Party held a nomination meeting to give supporting nominations for the Scottish Labour Leader and Deputy Leader Contest. The local party decided to support Johann Lamont for Leader and Anas Sarwar for Deputy Leader.










As a local councillor I also have the chance to make a supporting nomination, I have decided to give my support to Johann and Anas as well.










I have worked with Johann over the years and have seen at first hand her commitment to social justice and equality. I have worked closely with her on promoting the co-operative agenda.










I have known Anas Sarwar for a number of years and I have been impressed by his commitment to rebuild our movement.










All six candidates offer something to the Scottish Labour Party and I would be happy to work with any of them. I look forward to working with all of them in the future. The important point for the Scottish Labour Party is to elect a Leader and Deputy Leader, develop a policy platform and an organisational structure to fight and win elections, starting with the council elections next May.