Lift Problem at Dundee Station



A number of constituents raised their concerns with me about the fact that the lift at Dundee Station has been broken for a number of days. I am disappointed to see that the lift at Dundee Station has been out of order. I understand that passengers who need to use the lift have to use the parcel lift, this mean that they have to go outside of the station to get to this lift. This is unacceptable in the modern day, obviously it is always possible for a lift to break down but the alternative must be much better than the one available today. It is not right to treat the disabled or parents with children in prams as second class citizens. I will be contacting Scotrail to find out what they are doing about the lift in the station. I think this makes the point that Dundee Station needs to be refurbished much more eloquently than I can. We need a modern station which meets the needs of Dundonians and visitors to the city. I will be making this point as strongly as I can in my response to the Scottish Government's consultation on the future of the rail network in Scotland.