Christmas Light Night & Nativity Play











Tonight I joined thousands of others in the centre of Dundee for Christmas Light Night. The new Christmas Lights in the City Centre appear to be an improvement on the old lights, which were starting to show their age.










I do have an issue with celebrating Christmas in November but I recognise that I'm fighting a bit of a losing battle on that one.










This is a great community celebration with many families present in the city centre. The picture here shows the City Square and the vast crowds just after the Christmas Lights were switched on. It is great that the community can come together in this way and demonstrates that Christmas is about more than consumerism.









As I said earlier I am pleased that the council has recognised that this is a celebration of Christmas and not some 'Winter' festival. I was pleased to see a large crowd gather at the Steeple Church to watch the 'Dundee Nativity'. This was very well put together and I would like to thank all those who were involved in putting it together.






This was a very good production with not one but two donkeys having a walk-on part. The picture shows the 'nativity' scene.






I am looking forward to the Christmas Lights being switched on in the West End after the Christmas concert at Dundee West Church next Thursday. This will be another great community event.






It is far too early but I suppose that the new lights in Reform Street sum up the message of tonight's festivities: