British Sign Language Taster Session



This afternoon I was delighted to attend a British Sign Language taster session at Deaf Action in Roseangle. I caused problems by being the only left-handed person there, at least that is my excuse for being so slow on the uptake. I only learned a few very basic phrases today but it is important that as a local elected member I am able to offer assistance to all of my constituents. I am keen to work with Deaf Action and any other organisations for deaf people to ensure that they receive the support that they require.


If you are deaf and need help from your local councillor please get in touch with me and I am happy to make arrangements for whatever support you require to access your local councillor.


I'm not sure that councillors receive adequate support to ensure that they are accessible to all of their constituents no matter what the disabilities of their constituents are.


Thanks to Petra who tried her best to take me through some of the basics of British Sign Language.