No excuse for fighting in parks



As Labour's Environment spokesperson on Dundee City Council I have stated that there is no excuse for fighting in parks. Tayside Police have raised concerns about a recent spate of violence. I'm calling on anyone with any information about recent violence to contact the police.




There is no excuse for violence in our parks. I support the police in their efforts to stop this. It is unfair to blame only young people but I would ask all parents and guardians to ensure that they know where their children are. The city's parks are a great resource for all the citizens of Dundee they should not be a venue for gang fights. I will support efforts by the council's new Environment Department to work with the police and others to do all that can be done to stop this. However, the main way to stop these is for anyone with information to speak to the police.