Abertay University Freshers' Fayre



This afternoon I spent a bit of time at Abertay University's freshers' Fayre, I was helping Abertay Uni Labour Club recruit new members. I am really pleased to say that loads of people were signing up for Labour Students and a far few were also joining the Labour Party. One of the main issues that kept getting made was the issue of the independence of Abertay University itself. The Scottish Government quango the Scottish Funding Council has added to speculation about the future of Abertay by telling the university to stop the recruitment process for a new principal.






Well done to everyone involved in Abertay University Labour Club, especially Dominic and Kev, who are pictured with me (even though Kev can't keep his eyes open!). I look forward to working with them over the next year defending Abertay University and promoting Labour with students and others in the city.