Crichton Street Collection Office



At the City Council's Policy and Resources Committee I was pleased to support calls to the Royal Mail and to the UK Government to change their mind about the closure of the office. I have already expressed my unhappiness at these moves and highlighted the farcical move for DD2 residents like myself and many West End constituents who will have to go past the new office at Edward Street to go several miles to Baird Avenue. I am awaiting a response from the UK Government myself about this issue.






I was very pleased that the City Council was able to speak with one voice on this issue. I think that our support for the Royal Mail may have sounded more effective if we had also supported this service by voting not to move the council's mail service to TNT back in June.


If you click on the picture above you can read the Courier's report on this debate.