Welcome for V & A Exhibition at the McManus






As Labour's Leisure, Arts and Communities spokesperson today I welcome the news that the McManus: Dundee Art Gallery and Museum will be hosting an exhibition from the V & A to celebrate the Queen's Diamond Jubilee.



I am delighted that this V & A exhibition will be hosted at the McManus. It is great to see that this great British museum is allowing the city to mark this important national event. It is great that this exhibition is part of the programme which will showcase the work of the V & A prior to the opening of the V & A at Dundee.

The McManus is a well-loved institution in Dundee and I hope that this exhibition will attract many visitors to the museum, I am sure that it will.


If we were starting for scratch I think that we would choose a republic as the means of organising the state, but I think that it is right that we mark the service of the Queen over the last 60 years. I also think that this exhibition will be very interesting from a social history point of view, looking at changing attitudes to the Queen over time.