Dundee Leisure Board


On Tuesday evening I attended the March meeting of the board of Dundee Leisure. I think that Dundee Leisure has done a relatively good job over its short history in delivering services to the people of Dundee and protecting jobs and services. Dundee Leisure will be swallowed up in the new mega-trust proposed by the Administration on the council. I am continuing to serve on the board of Dundee Leisure and won't be serving on the new transition board as I think there would be a conflict of interest there.


The board meeting heard an update on the plans to turn the McTaggart Centre into a regional gymnastics centre. I am really pleased that this is progressing as I have been working for this for some time and had been frustrated at the barriers that kept being put in its way.