New Visitor Centre at Camperdown Wildlife Centre

As Labour's Leisure, Arts and Communities spokesperson I welcome the opening of the new visitor and education centre as well as cafe at Camperdown Wildlife centre on Saturday. I was the Convener of Leisure, Arts and Communities when this project was initiated.

I am looking forward to the opening of this new centre. This is important investment in Camperdown Park. I know that the Wildlife Centre is very popular with Dundonians and that this investment will be welcomed by many people in Dundee. I hope that it enhances the visitor experience and that it encourages more people to visit the centre.

This investment in the Wildlife Park adds to the facilities at Camperdown Park, it is clear that we need to find a long-term sustainable public use for Camperdown House. The people of Dundee and elsewhere should have the chance to visit this magnificent building to learn a little of the history of Dundee, Scotland, the UK and Europe.