Keep the Promise - 0.7%


I have always had a great deal of interest in International Development issues. I have been campaigning to get the UK Government to commit to spending 0.7% of the UK's GDP on aid. This is a long standing policy goal, it is as old as me!


The previous Labour Government was on course to deliver on this policy, it should have moved quicker. The Conservative-led Government promised to deliver on this policy, there are some signs that it is dragging its feet. Please sign up to support the campaign and make the Government keep its promise.
I was appalled recently to read that the Conservative-led Government had spent International Development budgets on the Papal visit. I was present at the Mass celebrated by the Holy Father in Glasgow but it is inappropriate that International Development funds were spent on this event.