Development Management Committee

On Monday evening February's Development Management Committee was held. There were a number of planning applications considered. The plans for the new schools in Charleston for St Clement's Primary and the new amalgamated Lochee and Charleston Primary schools was passed. I was glad that my colleagues Kevin Keenan and Laurie Bidwell put the case for ensuring child safety at this site during the building works. I look forward to this investment initiated by the previous Labour-led Administration. My ward colleagues voted against a mobile phone mast on Ninewells Avenue on the grounds that all four mobile phone companies should share masts. I think that there is a lot in this argument but I don't think that it can be done via planning legislation. I will be writing to Liberal Democrat minister Vince Cable who I think is responsible for this matter.