V & A at Dundee update sought


As Labour's Leisure, Arts and Communities spokesperson in Dundee today I sought a briefing to get an update on progress on the V & A at Dundee project. I am a long-standing champion of the project and I addressed the Scottish Labour Party Conference on the project when the Scottish Labour Party decided that support for the project will be part of Labour's policies going into this year's election.


I am looking for an update on progress of this important project. I was very pleased when the design was chosen last year and I now think that it is time to move forward and start making the steps necessary to bring the vision into a reality. I hope that all the partners including the City Council, the Universities, Scottish Enterprise and the V & A will be able to secure funding for this iconic building. Obviously, these are difficult economic times but I think that this project could be a major boost to the Dundee economy in the building phase and certainly once it is complete. I am totally supportive of securing this project and I will work with anyone make it happen.