Resignation of Bishop Vincent Logan


I am very sorry to hear that Bishop Vincent Logan has tendered his resignation as Bishop of Dunkeld. He has done a great deal of good work not just for the Catholic community in Dundee and throughout Scotland.



I first met Bishop Logan when I was an undergraduate student, he was also a great help to me when I was researching for my PhD and made a number of church resources and historic records available to me. He was always very interested in my historical research into nineteenth-century Dundee.



When I was National Secretary of the Bishops' Conference of Scotland's Justice and Peace Commission Bishop Vincent was always very supportive. He has always had a strong vision of the importance of promoting justice and peace.



Bishop Vincent has served the Catholic Church well in his role and he has also played a wider role than that in the life of the city of Dundee and the wider area of Dunkeld Diocese and right across Scotland.



I hope that Bishop Vincent's health improves and that he has a long and happy retirement.

I was also sad to hear of the untimely death of the former Bishop of Brechin John Mantle, he had served his diocese well and also the wider community in Tayside.