United against racism


On Friday evening along with my colleague Councillor Tom Ferguson I was pleased attend the presentation of new strips to Balgay FC. Councillor Tom Ferguson and I were delighted to join members of the Balgay AFC team when they received new strips from United against Racism and to support their stance against racism.

I was delighted to be present at this event and see that local football teams based in the West End take the issue of racism seriously. I support the work of United against Racism and Show Racism the Red Card. It is also good to see that Unison supports these efforts against racism. It is good to see local Welfare League teams taking the issue of racism seriously. Dundee is a multi-cultural city and there is no place for racism in our city.

Councillor Tom Ferguson said, 'I was pleased to show my support for this event. I was pleased to see Unison supporting this event. There can be no place for racism whether in the workplace or on the football field.'