Anti-Social Behaviour

As a result of a number of local residents raising issues with me I sought a briefing on the council's response to anti-social behaviour. This morning council officers outlined to me the work that they and their staff do to deal with these problems. No one should suffer from anti-social neighbours. There is an effective partnership between various council departments, the police and the fire service which promotes community safety. I thanked the staff present for their work and would thank everyone who works in this field for the work that they do. I hope that this area will continue to receive resources even in these difficult financial times. I did make the point that constituents often feel that it takes too long to effectively deal with these sorts of problems.

To find out more about what you can do about anti-social behaviour please visit the website here. You should report anti-social behaviour when you encounter it. There should be no toleration of anti-social behaviour and I hope that various partners working together will deal with this issue.