Site visit - Ancrum Place


Today I visited Ancrum Place along with officers from the Housing Department and the City Engineer's section to examine how action will be taken to repair the road and car park at Ancrum Place.


I'm pleased that action is happening with regard to this. I was pleased earlier in the week to be told that the Housing department agreed that something should be done about this area. Today I was looking for an idea of how the works will be brought forward. I was pleased that the works will include the section of road which leads to the car park from Ancrum Place.

This work will need to be planned and costed by the Council and will be subject to a report to a council committee in the near future. I will be looking for the committee report and hope that work can begin soon. This is something that local people have been calling for and I am glad that the council has listened.
The picture shows the state of the road at Ancrum Place.