Ancrum Place road and car park


After listening to the representations which have been made to me by many constituents who live in Ancrum Place and Morven Terrace about the dreadful and unacceptable state of the road and car park at Ancrum Place I have been calling for action from the council on this. I was pleased to hear from the Housing Strategy manager of the City Council that action will now be taken, you can see his response to me below;


'Dear Cllr McCready


I refer to your previous correspondence on the poor state of the car park at Ancrum Place. In order to address the problems residents are facing here a contribution from the risk management fund has been made to enable Housing to carry out repairs to the car park.


These repairs will now be instructed via City Engineers. I will keep you updated on the timescale for completion of the repairs.

Thanks, Gordon
Gordon Birrell Housing Strategy Manager'


I think that this is good news but I will be seeking further clarification about the extent of the work which is to take place.