Friary to close - sad news


I am sad at the news that St Francis Church (the Friary) in the northern part of the West End ward is to close. I have a great deal of sympathy with the community associated with the Friary. I am seeking a meeting with church authorities to find out what will happen to the site.


I was very sad to hear the news that the Friary is to close. I know that it is a church that is well-loved, I also know that there can be few people in Dundee who haven't been to a social event in the Friary Hall. I have every sympathy for those who regularly attend the Friary and who will be very upset at this news. I am seeking a meeting with church representatives to find out what is going to happen to the site. This is a large and prominent site and I am keen to know what will become of it.