Welcome for McLeish Review of Scottish Football


As Labour's Leisure, Arts and Communities spokesperson on Dundee City Council I welcome the publication of the Review of Scottish Football carried out by Henry McLeish. I will be contacting officers of the council and the SFA to ensure that Dundee is included in future plans to develop our national game.

I welcome the publication of this report and I will be studying its recommendations in some depth. I want to ensure that Dundee is at the forefront of plans to develop facilities and improve football. I know that a lot of excellent work already goes on in Dundee, often through the hard work of volunteers, but we need to ensure that they get as much support as possible. I am particularly interested in proposals to ensure that the school estate is fully utilised to support the development of football and other sports.

These are difficult economic times but we should not neglect sport and physical activity. In the long term I believe that investment in sporting facilities can lead to numerous benefits not only related to sport but also to health and even educational attainment.


You can read the SFA press release here.