Strictly Fairtrade Tea Dance






I attended the Strictly Fairtrade Tea Dance on Saturday in the Bonar Hall. I thought that it was a real success. It was great to see the dancing talent of many young people in Dundee which was provided by the Dundee Dance Partnership. I took part in some salsa dancing! There was also an excellent performance by the Scottish Dance Theatre.






There was also a group from a walnut growers co-operative in Chile, who spoke about the importance of fairtrade. Hannah Reed from the Fairtrade Foundation also spoke. My colleagues on the Dundee Fairtrade Forum, who did a lot more work than me, deserve credit for making this a very successful day. I hope that we made a difference and that a number of people will now be buying fairtrade products. The photographs here show some of those who were at the event including the Lord Provost who opened the event and also my colleagues Jim McGovern MP and Marlyn Glen MSP.