Happy St Andrew's Day


I would like to wish everyone who is celebrating our national saint's feast day a very happy St Andrew's Day.
I was delighted to join some west end schoolchildren from St Joseph's Primary School as they celebrated St Andrew's Day in St Andrew's Cathedral in the Nethergate this morning.
I have written to the City Council this morning to raise my concerns that the Saltire is not flying at the top of the Old Steeple today. In October I raised my concerns about the state of the flag which was then ripped, I was told then that the flag would be replaced.
I am celebrating St Andrew's Day today and one of the symbols of our patron saint is the Saltire or St Andrew's Cross flag. I am disappointed that the Saltire is not flying from its usual position in the centre of Dundee at the top of the Steeple. The Saltire has flown from the Steeple for a number of years now and it is disappointing that it is not there on our national saint's day. I know that in the great scheme of things whether a flag is flown is not the biggest issue facing Dundee City Council but I hope that it is replaced soon. I am sure that I am not alone in asking the question where's the Saltire?