Road Safety in the West End


Today I had a very productive meeting with officers from the City Council's City Development department to discuss road safety issues across the city and particularly in the West End. Please see the statement which I issued after the meeting.


Road Safety Issues raised

West End Councillor Richard McCready today received a briefing about road safety from officers of Dundee City Council's City Development Department. Councillor McCready used the opportunity to raise concerns which had been raised with him by constituents about a number of roads and junctions in the West End.

Councillor Richard McCready said, 'I was very pleased to speak to officers and to hear about the work that they do to promote road safety in the city. It was reassuring to listen to dedicated people who are doing their best to keep us all safe. Recent reports to the City Development Committee highlighted the work that needs to be done in the city. A significant proportion of these works is in the West End ward and I wanted to hear about progress.'

'A number of the areas where work is to be targeted are ones which constituents have raised with me. I look forward to work taking place over the course of the next year to improve safety across the city. I am particularly keen for there to be work on the West Port roundabout, there appears to be a lot of confusion about lanes at this roundabout. I am also keen to see what action can be taken to improve safety at the junction of Tullideph Road and Ancrum Drive.'

'I felt that my discussions today were productive and I look forward to progress throughout the city in the course of the next year. Fundamentally though road users and pedestrians all have a duty to ensure that they behave in as safe a manner as possible.'

The recent reports to the City Development Committee can be found here
http://www.dundeecity.gov.uk/reports/agendas/cd240809pub.pdf the relevant pages are p. 12-29